Expert Plumbing Service in Rockaway NJ
If plumbing problems stress you out, no worries – our techs can get the job done quickly and at a reasonable price. The Polite Plumber is a third generation family owned and operated business that has been helping people in Rockaway NJ and the surrounding New Jersey areas for more than 50 years. Whether your toilet is overflowing or you need a new water heater installed, don’t hesitate to give us a call.
Leaky pipes can be a pain to detect and fix. The most common sign of a leaky pipe is a puddle or water stains on the floor or in a cabinet. To test for any leaks, use a dry tissue on the joints of the pipe and check for any moisture. While some leaks can be fixed by simply tightening the joints, damaged pipes can be trickier to solve, and we recommend contacting a professional plumber for all repair services.
Drain Cleaning Rockaway NJ
We are expert plumbers in Rockaway NJ and can help you identify any plumbing issue. As far as plumbing problems in your home go, a clogged drain probably doesn’t feel like a huge issue, and while that’s usually true, there are cases when a backed up drain can cause substantial damage to your pipes and to your home.
Keeping unwanted objects from going down your drain is a simple enough concept, however, without proper drain strainers in your sinks and showers, food scraps and hair can end up obstructing your pipes. This inexpensive tool can keep your drains clog free.
Although chemical drain cleaners seem like a quick and easy way to clear clogs, they actually do more damage than good to your home’s pipes. For one, they don’t usually clear away the entire clog, meaning the gunk obstructing your pipes is still present and will once again cause a blockage in you drain.
If the drains in your home are constantly clogged, please contact The Plumber Guy today and we’ll be happy to help you resolve the issue.
Common Plumbing Problems and Their Solutions
Plumbing issues can arise when you least expect them. Luckily, some of them can easily get fixed if detected and diagnosed at an early stage. We at The Polite Plumber hereby take some time to guide you on how to fix the common plumbing problems that usually affect households. Call us today for expert plumbing in Rockaway NJ.
- Dripping Faucets: Apart from wasting water, leaky faucets can also hurt your pockets by increasing the water bill. This problem is mainly caused by a worn out or dislodged internal washer, which can be replaced with a new one.
- Running Toilet: A running toilet can waste up to about 250 gallons of water in just one day. It is normally caused by a faulty or damaged flapper, a rubber seal that is designed to regulate the amount of water passing from the tank into the bowl. Don’t hesitate to replace the flapper if you want to have peace of mind.
- Clogged Shower Drains: Drains may clog due to hair, toothpaste or soap scum buildup. You can use a pair of needle-nose pliers or a strong wire to get rid of the hair and other debris. You can also use hot water, vinegar and baking powder to eliminate bad order and prevent bacteria from building up.
- Clogged Toilet: When the toilet fills up and doesn’t flush completely as required, you’ve got a blockage. This is mostly caused by a mixture of human waste and toilet paper. To loosen and wash away the blockage, consider using a plunger, drain auger or plumber’s snake.
- Low Water Pressure: The most likely cause of low water pressure is a blocked aerator. It can also be caused by leaking pipes that have corroded or worn out over time. This situation can be remedied by cleaning out the sediments blocking the aerator and replacing the old malfunctioning pipes.
Don’t let plumbing problems, whether big or small, give you sleepless nights when we are here to help you fix them fast and effectively. If you have any questions or would like to know more about our services and products, contact us as soon as you can.
In need of emergency plumbing services in Denville NJ? From leaky faucets to sewer line repair, our team is available 24-hours a day handle all of your emergencies.