5 Home Plumbing Tips for the New Year
It’s time to put the past behind us and look forward to new and better things. So, if your home’s plumbing and has seen better days, use the new year as a sign to get it back to its former glory.
To help you turn your plumbing nightmares into a dream, here are five tips to help you along this winter.
- Reduce pressure to prevent leaks. If your water pressure is too high, consider reducing it to ease the burden on old and weak pipes. If your pipes are bad enough that they need to be replaced, consider how a professional can help you better the situation.
- Get a water softener and add years to pipes. Hard tap water clogs and corrodes pipes, but this is preventable with a water softener. Unsure where to begin with a softener? Research online first, then call a plumber to assist you in the entire process.
- Drain your water heater. Water heaters have a fairly long working life, but they can expire too soon if not properly cared for. For expert help in draining your water heater, a plumber can make the job easy and painless.
- Have your sump pump and sump pit looked at. When the rainy season comes, the last thing that you want to worry about is a flooded basement. If this has been a concern in the past, perhaps it’s time for a second sump pump or a clean sump pit. A plumber can help you decide how to proceed with this process.
- Stop leaks as soon as you spot them. A drip here, a drop there, it’s never a good thing. Always (always) stop leaks as soon as you see them. Water, when left to its own devices, will ruin anything not meant to contact it. For particularly hefty leaks, talk to a plumber for help.
If you have questions related to your plumbing in Succasunna, NJ just call The Polite Plumber at 973-398-0875. We’ll never ask how it happened!